So I have been trying a few new products this summer and I just wanted to share with you my thoughts so far and what products I am using. I always like to try things in the summer time because if it goes horribly wrong I can usually heal my skin before back to school time. I'm not even in school anymore but I feel like I do more and see more people when school is in. That's kind of wierd huh. Anyways lets get into these products. If you guys are using any of these please let me know what you think of them. These are my likes so far. I have them rated by price as well for you guys.
1. Oatmeal! I am using oatmeal on my face instead of a typical face wash. I have a lot of redness in my skin and it is helping the irritation. I am using this along with my Dove soap to ensure that my face doesn't get use to it quickly and stop reacting to it. Thus far this is a like! $
2. L'oreal Youth Code Serum. I am loving this! It smells amazing. Like a very mature perfume. It goes on smooth its not heavy or oily and I like how my skin looks and feels after putting it on. It says that it is supposed to even out your skin tone. I have bad acne scaring so I am trying this out to see if it does help with that. Even if it doesnt I like the feel of my skin so it does help with smoothness and illuminates your skin. This is a like. $
3. Montagne Jeunesse Green Tea Peel Off Mask. I looooove this mask! I have been using it for months and I can't get enough. If they sold this in a gallon tub I would have a warehouse full of it. I love this product. It smells sooooooo good and the way my skin feels afterwards I can't compare it to anything else it is amazing. Green tea is wonderful for the skin so this mask is like a magical little helper. I use it at least twice a week and any blemishes I may have clear up and it soothes those areas. I love this and I do suggest you guys try it out. I get these from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Love it! $
4. Smashbox BB Cream. So I will admit, I like to hold off until the initial bumrush over new products is over before I try them. I like to go in after everyone has made up their mind about it. I was very skeptical about bb creams when they first hit the scene. I thought that must be too good to be true. But I will say I have played with several and this one by Smashbox is exactly what you expect it to be. BB creams or blemish balm creams are a mashup of moisturizer, primer, foundation and spf. As far as coverage goes this one by Smashbox is amazing to me. I like it alot. I will put this in my kit and use it myself. It's rare that I find a product I want to try out in my kit and use myself so hats off to Smashbox with this product. $$
So those are things I am definately liking. Lets move onto the things I do not like.
2. Cargo Tinted Moisturizer. Now other than Cargo's blushes and bronzers they leave me unimpressed with most of their products so here is another. This is the most ridiculously thick tinted moisturizer in the history of tinted moisturizers. I like the color and the payoff but goodness gracious it is so thick. I can't stand the thickness of this on my face by itself much less with powder and everything else. The texture is pretty yucky to me also. I want to like it but I just cant bring myself to do it so this has to be a no for me. Sorry Cargo. Lighten the formula a bit and you may have me because the color was great. $$
3. Wen Hair Care Tea Tree Oil Treatment. For the love of menthol and vicks vapo rub! This stuff is outlandish. First of all I used nearly the whole bottle my first use. Secondly the smell is sickening. It literally smells like vapo rub or some kind of medicine used to clear your sinuses. It is gross and strong! I almost couldn't use it just for the smell. Then the tingle on my scalp made me want to rip my scalp off. It wasn't pleasant at all. It says on the bottle to do your hair in sections and use 10-15 pumps per section if you have thick hair. Mind you this stuff is like $40 bucks with shipping. I'm a penny pincher. I have 1.5 kids and lets be real I'm not rich and even if I was thats about $80 bucks a month for me. Just for my hair!? Absolutely not. If you want to, try one of the millions of scents and see how you like it. I guess its okay but I'm not in love with it by any means. I can actually say I would never purchase this ever! It's supposed to be all in one and make your hair look and feel amazing. My hair looks like it normally does. I see no change at all. It feels okay but other than the sickening smell coming from my head I don't see a vast improvment. But you guys try it out and be the judge of that. Good luck. $$ :(
Those are my products for the month. I hope you enjoyed that and even if I don't like something that doesn't mean you won't like it. These are just my thoughts and opinions on these products. All were purchased with my own money except for the wen. That was a gift from my friend. I hope you guys like this and are having a good day! Until next time...Smooches!