Monday, November 19, 2012

The Weekly Tea

This weeks tea is...CC Cream

So I know I was excited about the whole BB Cream trend that started in the states but to be completely honest the Asian BB Creams are the best and none compare to the magnificence of those creams. There are a few that I liked though. Now we are seeing the next wave of creams and that is CC Cream. It is basically your BB Cream with added skin benefits. It's supposed to be the best makeup for your skin. Olay has kicked it off for the american CC Creams with their Olay Total Effects CC Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer. It brightens the skin while still being on the sheer side. It is said to be suitable for all skin tones but I will bump that down to most. I will be doing my own testing of each cream I can find to let you know the lasting power and texture for oily skin. It comes in three shades but because the coverage is so sheer it should work for anyone. Now the Olay one is supposed to target blotchiness, wrinkles and hyper-pigmentation as well as spot diminishing properties. If I had a dollar for every product I bought that said spot diminishing on it... Anyway the texture of this formula is a lot lighter and smoother than the BB Creams which is nice and makes them easier to blend. With that in mind it may work for more people but don't bet the farm on it. I also hear that Chanel has a CC Cream but I am not sure if that will be sold in the states or not. I hope so. If I can get my hands on it I will test it out and let you know how it works. I hear it's the end all be all of cc creams. If you can pay the ridiculous shipping fees from Asia, the Rachel K Cosmetics CC Cream is a bestseller and worth trying I hear. I also saw another one available called iFiona Moist Color Control Cream. Haven't heard any review on that one but I thought I'd mention it anyway. So you have slim pickings at this point but be careful who you trust your face with when it comes down to new things like this if you live in the states. I am pretty intrigued by this and cannot wait to try them out. I'll put what they look like below so you can know what to look for. I hope this review helped out and you guys have good luck when trying these out. Give me a shout and let me know how they work for you. Until next time...Smooches!

Chanel CC Cream. Not yet available in the U.S. It is available in only 2 shades.

This is Olay Total Effects CC Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer.

This is the Rachel K Cosmetics CC Cream. You can purchase online or if you just happen to be in Asia. ;)
I know nothing on this brand but the packaging is super cute so that must count for something. My research shows it is a top seller, however I haven't had my resources tell me anything about this brand specifically. Anything else I learn about this one I will caption and add it for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment